Due to the economical conditions and other considerations, we at Parks & Sons Piano Service have decided it would be best to take a year long hiatus. During this time Parks & Sons Piano Service will be closed for business as we explore options for becoming more profitable.
The website will remain open and fully functional, but we will not be booking appointments for piano servicing during this time.
We would like all our customers to know how much we appreciate that they have allowed us to service their pianos.
We will update this notice as we progresses through this hiatus.
To be clear - at this time, we have not decided to permanently close the service.
Thank you very, very much -
Parks & Sons
Below is a list of the more common services provided by Parks & Sons Piano Service. If you are in need of a service not listed please feel free to email or phone for a quote.
- Fine Tuning
- Fine tuning refers to a stable tuning which results in the instrument being tuned to A440 or a customer’s preferred pitch… (Read More)
- Pitch Raises / Pitch Stabilization
- Pitch Stabilization (a.k.a. Pitch Raises) are tunings that are performed under certain circumstances. Generally a piano which has not been serviced for a while may need pitch stabilization before it is capable of maintaining a fine tuning… (Read More)
- Piano repair encompasses many skills. Since a piano is composed of a vary wide range of materials including wood, brass, silk,… (Read More)
- A piano’s regulation refers to the precise calibration of the moving parts of a piano. When a piano is made the maker designed the piano… (Read More)
- Eventually after years of use and the effects of seasonal environment changes, a piano will need a general "going over". A reconditioning is… (Read More)
- Rebuilding is the next step above a reconditioning. The goal of any rebuilding is to return the instrument to it’s original condition. Each rebuilding is customized to… (Read More)
- Piano Moving
- Pianos tend to be rather heavy, after all, most well built and stable items are. Flimsy and light-weight tend to go together. Some pretty terrible stories… (Read More)
- Appraisals & Estimates
- Sometimes a piano’s condition needs to be boiled down to a simple to understand list that allows it’s owner to understand the instruments current estimated value, needed services and their costs, and an estimated value if work… (Read More)
- Finish Touch-Up , Refinishing, Cabinet Repair
- The cabinet of a piano, as with all furniture, is subject to dings, scratches, breakage, color fading, and just simply aging. Customers are usually happy to find they have quite a few options… (Read More)
- Other Services
- If you are looking for a service we did not list above, please feel free to contact us. We can supply detailed information and help. If, in very rare situations, we do not provide the needed services we can usual direct you to a business that will - or help you find one. You can find our contact information on our Contact Us page.